I've been working on a new project for the past week or so and I'm just finishing up tonight.
I have a wonderful little dachshund named Sophie and I thought it would be fun to work on a vector portrait of her. Little did I know that I would be taking on a long and tedious task.
First of all, isn't she a doll? This is the original photo I was working with btw.
I took this with my trusty iPhone 4 right after a fun trip to the vet. I've been kicking myself for not cropping it closer to her face.
I brought the photo into Adobe Photoshop and simplified it to shapes. Then I brought that into Illustrator to complete. This took me a couple hours a night for about a week.
I could have added several more layers to this vector of my dachshund, and I lost a bit of one eye but I'm happy with the end result.
I went with blue because I thought it was fun but I ended up saving the original with all my layers in illustrator so that I can change it up if I choose to later.
There were a lot more layers and line work in this one compared to my last project but I'm glad I took the challenge.
Comments are welcome.